Zesty Lemon & White Chocolate Cupcakes
Huge thanks to our guest post writer Wendy Robinson, for this month’s mouth-watering recipe!! Deliciously light and moist lemon cupcakes, with a fresh and fruity ‘zing’.
Makes 12 cupcakes
130g self raising flour 3 medium eggs
130g butter (salted) 130g caster sugar
Grated zest of a lemon 1 Tablespoon of lemon curd
150g white chocolate
Edible decorations of your choice
Mixing bowl Wooden spoon for mixing
Paper cupcake cases
12 hole cupcake / muffin tin
Preheat oven to 1800C / 3500F
1. Place sugar, butter, eggs and flour in a mixing bowl and beat until fully combined (whisk or electric mixer).
2. Add the lemon zest and lemon curd.
3. Place the paper cupcake cases in the muffin tin, and add an approximately equal quantity to each cupcake case. If available, an ice cream scoop or ladle can help when dishing out cake batter evenly.
4. Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until slightly browned on top and firm to the touch. Transfer to a wire cooling rack until cold.
5. Break the white chocolate into small, evenly sized pieces and melt in the microwave (HIGH for 30 seconds at first, then short bursts of 10 seconds, stirring in between, until melted). *Based on 800W microwave – adjust times accordingly.
6. Spread the melted chocolate over the cooled cupcakes with a knife and decorate immediately, as desired.
Comments will be approved before showing up.