These moist and flavorful muffins are easy and quick like all our recipes. The apple pieces work incredibly well because although not contributing hugely in flavour, they make the muffins wonderfully moist, plus add a soft ‘crunch’ to the texture. Rigid muffin baking cups are great (available from most high Street stores), as they make the muffins easy to eat on the go / pack up for a picnic, plus there’s a little less work to do - no greasing or washing up of muffin trays!!
As with all our recipes, tweak according to personal preference e.g. if not sweet enough, add extra sugar, if too sweet, add a little less, if packing muffins for a picnic on a hot sunny day, omit the chocolate chips (which could melt). Feel free to leave your own hints, tips and recommendations in the comments section.
Makes 5 large muffins, simply multiply up quantities for a larger number of muffins
Ingredients200g plain flour
Muffin tin and paper cases OR rigid paper muffin cups
Wooden spoon for mixing
Preheat oven to 2000C / 4000F
1. Sieve flour and baking powder together and set aside (this is your dry mix)
2. Heat butter on microwave ‘medium’ for 20 seconds bursts until completely melted, add sugar, mix thoroughly.
3. Add milk and egg to the butter / sugar mix, and mix thoroughly (this is your wet mix).
4. Add the ‘dry mix’ to the ‘wet mix’ and mix thoroughly, it will remain fairly lumpy.
5. Add the apples, fudge and chocolate chips, mix thoroughly.
6. Spoon into muffin cases. Fill the muffin case at least ¾ full. If using rigid muffin cups, place the cups on a baking tray before placing in the oven.
7. Bake on the middle shelf of a pre-heated oven for 25 minutes.
TIP: When cool, run a palette or flat edged knife around the inside of the muffin cups and the cakes inside will release fairly easily.